Tileworks Environmental Policy Statement
Tileworks Ltd is committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment.
To implement this strategy the company identified the following key targets:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimize the environmental impact of production, freight, installation and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
- Educate and nurture a mind-set change in staff that leads to better understanding of corporate and community citizenship and development of and participation in further environmental/community care project(s)
- Review internal procurements to ensure waste minimization, low toxicity, and recyclability of office & warehouse operating materials.
Eco-label is the European standard for quality that rewards products and services that are environmentally friendly. The very stringent standards to achieve the award are a result of scientific studies and copious research from the European Commission, environmental grounds as well as technical and economic bodies and trade union groups, all of whom examine the environmental impact of a product within the life cycle: from extraction of the raw material to ultimate disposal.
If You Want To Show Your Commitment To A Better Environment Choose The Flower For Your Hard Floor Coverings
Consumers are today more sensitive to the protection of the environment. More consumers would like to buy more environmentally friendly products, provided they are properly certified by an independent organisation. With the Flower consumers have a reliable guide to easily identify the good environmental performers available on the market.
The Flower Guarantees:
- Reduced energy consumption during the production phase
- Limitation of substances harmful for health and the environment
- Reduced impact on habitats and natural resources
- Limited emissions to air and water
- Improved consumer information and waste management
It can be awarded to natural stones, agglomerates stones, concrete paving units, terrazo tiles, and clay tiles for internal and external use.
Look out for the Eco-label to ensure you are doing your part to protect the environment.